Friday 21 June 2013

Living in Love & Accepting Discord at the Same Time


Written by Mathew Naismith 


The post I recently read on this blog is quite interesting to read but so are the comments so I thought I would post part of the discussion here on my blog with the relevant link, it’s all about finding love & accepting & living within discord & still feeling the love.  


misschelliesessence says:           

 June 20, 2013 at 1:18 pm             

Dearest Mathew – I love this conversation! You would not believe how similar we are, this last comment of yours blew me away. I felt the same way you did, living in the discord and being happy with it. I don’t feel it’s all that bad as long as you do feel safe, at home and vital there. We all have different paths to walk, journeys to follow and experiences to observe and learn (from). You are a beautiful and LOVELY ‘ratbag’ and even though you may live in the ‘discord’ it is clear to me that you are still a very loving person and that is what is most important in life, finding that love place and living it.

I ABSOLUTELY believe you have been in continuous pain since age 6! Mine started at age 7 and I am writing a blog about it, how it came about (I can see it now), how it affected my life for 30+ years and how I came to heal from it :) We have much in common however, my parents – all three of them – were alcoholics and I lived all the affects that a child of alcoholics do: extreme poverty, neglect, mental and emotional abuse. It took me a long time but I too, forgave them. There was a point after my own children were born that I was VERY angry with them, I felt they did NOT care for us. Feeling and knowing the unconditional love I had for my babes I did not feel they did they best they could since I felt I would do ANYTHING to make sure my children were loved, protected and provided for. But feelings, thoughts, beliefs and opinions change as we open our minds and hearts and after all that I realized that they did in fact do the best they could, even with the mental and emotional abuse – they didn’t know any better.

As for the discord in life, mine has all but disappeared and only comes around once in a while. I have no issues with what people consider negativity, it is one of our greatest teachers and when I do experience it, I welcome it – ask what am I suppose to get out of this – accept, embrace and love it. I have gotten to a place where I cycle through it very fast now as I just allow it to move through me. When I was in pain and dis-eased it was because I hung on to them, would dwell on them and beat myself up over it. I always say, ‘if we beat ourselves up physically, the way we do mentally we would all be broken, scarred and bruised’ and do you know what? I WAS! Which is why I say that.

I am truly grateful that my blog struck a cord with you – I get giddy when I hear feedback like that, so thank you very much! We must all do what makes us happiest in life, regardless of what it is and as long as we ‘do no harm to others’ we are free to live how we wish, want, need or dream. Thank you so much for sharing with me and all who read my blog. I LOVE it when others share it’s a beautiful thing and something we could all benefit from if we learned to do it more! SO SO MUCH LOVE TO YOU! Namaste dear Mathew! -m. xo


My reply:

WOW what can I say, it is funny how people who have been through the mill become more accepting however a lot of people who have gone through the mill don't make it like I nearly didn't a few times in my early life or some become totally conflictive right through out there lives & do unto other what was done unto them, I am no 49yrs old & I made it!!!

You seem to have a beautiful disposition & outlook Michelle as for me I live, at times, in discord but I’m not living in discord which a lot of people mix up. While I live in discord of life I have helped a fair amount of people because they relate to me as I do of them.  I’ve worked in the welfare arena twice over in my life the last time was working with disabled people of all kinds including people who have been in jail, disability comes in many forms. I had one disabled bloke a few years older than me who cried at the drop of a hat, after a stint with me & another co-worker you couldn’t make him cry even if you wanted too.  If I text book treated him he would be still in a mess, I didn’t treat him with kids gloves or something different from the rest but as an equal & when I incorporated this with humour I had an immediate response.  I was firm but humorous at the same time which helped him not to take life too seriously.

I involve myself with discord & at times become that discord but the love I feel around me at times brings me back to earth, I am exceptionally fortunate but a lot of people aren’t in being able to flip flop like this.  It is funny because people have a hard time working me out when they see me flip flop, they see me in discord & judge me on that then they see me in total peace & harmony, some people think I’m trying to trick them but it’s just me using the tools I have at hand to help others. It’s great to be able to use so called negatives in a positive way.

Lots of love to you too Michelle

Mathew

No comments:

Post a Comment