Thursday 10 July 2014

True Peace Found in Utter Chaos


Written by Mathew Naismith

I was going to right up on something completely different today but the image above and message took my attention so I thought I would share a few thoughts I have on this.  Peace; it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

The following was my reply to this image and the attached message.

Most definitely Rhea, everyone can escape the noise and be in peace but not everyone can obtain peace within the noise, this takes time to master.

I love sitting somewhere noisy and chaotic and imagine I'm a butterfly fluttering around, it's certainly a blessing.

Most people find a quiet place to do this which doesn't take much focus or effort unless you are noisy and chaotic. I find the most noisiest places and focus on being a butterfly or a bird landing on everything around me including people. I must look stupid because at times I have a huge grin on my face especially when I land on other people.


I believe chaos has it’s place, it can teach us to focus more and the more we focus the more connected we become.  I believe this happens with Buddhist monks, the teacher will go around with a paddle and wack the meditating monks with this paddle to teach them to focus more on their connectedness.  Most of us don’t need this distraction to focus more intently, we have modern day life to do this for us and boy doesn’t this hurt at times. J


Yes we could be in judgment of chaos as being bad or negative but chaos is very much like the  Buddhist teacher with the paddle…….. it’s here to teach us to become more focused therefore connected.  I also believe chaos is showing us where we are still disconnected which is a good thing not a bad thing but I suppose that’s just my silly optimistic way I like to look at life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment