Wednesday 13 August 2014

Western Mentality v Eastern Mentality



Written by Mathew Naismith

Wow, the contrasting difference between replies to my posts is astounding at times, the following replies to my post titled, Living from Inner Happiness, was astoundingly different and obviously took a different mentality to perceive.  I wish to say again, do not take anything I say as serious as I mostly write about my journey, you don’t have to agree with it nor should it seem threatening to you.


How fucking shallow do you think people are...... Stop walking on the water..... You are frightening the fish!!!!!!!!!! How tragic, that this is all about you.......


Mathew
sheila unger:  In my mind we should be all walking on water, you just don't get it do you. Don't emotionally judged me, all you are doing is proving my point that I have made in this post.

If it's all about me it's all about everybody else, who is being shallow here?  You absolutely have no idea what I am talking about here so you have judged me according to your emotions, thanks for proving my point sheila. 


Minosowin
RIP Robin Williams.  Thank you for honoring him in addressing this issue in this way.  I am Native American/First Nation.  I've witnessed my people through extremely difficult situations, their lives exemplifying their very core being of the inner self.  The extreme difficulties were met with the same attitude as their extreme joys.  This, I know, is a gift to witness.  Those teachings were for me to learn, we are spirit. This unfortunately has been lost, many of our communities dealing with suicide at alarming rates. Since 2000, I have lost count in how many young people have committed suicide, I lost count at 20! The youngest was 12. The devastating negative impacts of colonialism and assimilation plan to be someone we are not has take its toll. 
  I know the answer lies in sharing the message of who we are to the young people.  In my language the word for 'star' is the same word for 'spirit' I asked an elder one day why that was.  The elder answered, "it is to remind you that we are all connected, we are one."  When one truly knows they are one they will not be moved by outside sources, something I witnessed as a child with those elders who lived their lives before me.  It is why we are still here, it is why we have not been annihilated.  Thank you once again for your tenderness.  Aho.


Mathew
+Minosowin Iskwew That is sad Minosowin that so many younger people are forfeiting their lives.
The western style mentality is taking it's toll however this mentality I feel is also in it's death-rows, many western people are taking on eastern mentality or the mentality of our star.
Europeans went to America and judged it's inhabitants through their emotions as they have forgotten how to feel instinctively without judgmental emotions.
The western mentality is wholly built around emotions which are very judgmental and we wonder why we live in such a chaotic existence!!
Take this post for example, there was one person who downed what I said, they obviously judged me through their emotions not their instinctive feelings from their star.

Actually Minosowin I'm going to write our exchange up in a post, people need to know I feel.     

No comments:

Post a Comment