Sunday 18 January 2015

The Inner Self-The Observer


Written by Mathew Naismith

I’ve had some interesting physical occurrences happen to me recently , it seems to have everything to do with synchronicity, however, this post isn’t about such occurrence but what these occurrences have made me aware of recently.  Synchronistic moments like this aren’t all to do with the experiences from the moment we experience the synchronicity, they can be about what we are going to become aware of because of such experiences.  If we allow it, each experience allows us to build upon an awareness that at the present moment we might not be aware of but become aware of in another present movement.  

Another present moment isn’t in the future, it’s all in the now, however, because we exist in time, each moment is separated by time making it another present movement even though it’s only of the now.  If everything was truly of the now in time, we would know all there is to know right now in the present movement, this of course isn’t the case in time, how many of us are aware of everything within it’s totality right now?  This is where I think synchronicity comes into it, it gives us more synchronicity with the present moment, the now, by allowing us to become aware of things in the present moment. 

I wasn’t clear until recently what my life has been about, well up to this extent anyway.  I had a choice in my mid-teens if I was going to take the spiritual path of awareness or the ignorant path of just being humanly expressive, I took the latter.  Now up to this point I could ask any question and get an immediate correct answer, I was pretty well connected.

At this stage in my mid-teens it was obvious, to me now, that I did not judge that living in ignorance was any better or worse than a life of spiritual awareness, I did not judge one being better above the other.  Living in this ignorant state wasn’t a problem for me because I didn’t judge one path being better or worse than the other, it was simply just another path.  

The interesting thing was, when I made this decision I had a chronic injury with an associated chronic pain, I knew if I followed a spiritual path of awareness, this would greatly help me with my physical and mental traumas but I still chose a life of ignorance. The strange thing is I didn’t have much of a problem in choosing life of ignorance even though I would be expressing the ego in every sense to some extent.  See the thing is I never judged the ego or judgement itself as being bad or negative in some way; it was just another path one can follow.

The strangest thing is what I was aware of in my mid-teens stayed with me, once aware always aware or once reconnected always reconnected.  Being reconnected of course isn’t what is really happening because we never really became disconnected in the first place; the feeling of becoming reconnected is due to our ignorance of our true nature. 

Even though I chose a life of ignorance from always being connected, by becoming aware of my connectedness in my mid-teens helped me with my traumas right through my life.  This was all due to not deciding to follow the path of spiritual awareness, my ego wanted me to follow this path because it made more sense but I didn’t. You could say that by following a spiritual path of awareness instead of ignorance would have improved on my own life immensely, that of course was obvious to me at the time but what was also obvious is I had no judgment of one path being any less worthy to follow than a much easier path. 

What this has given me is at the human level of perception, is I don’t truly see anything else being any less worthy than something else seemingly more positive, this sort of judgment doesn’t come into it.  You could say if I followed the spiritual path of awareness that I would have been still humanly perceptive, however, I knew that wasn’t going to be the case even at that time in my mid-teens. 

If I followed the spiritual path of awareness at the moment in my life I could only perceive through spiritual perspectives, this would have totally taken away how I perceive humanly. What actually happened was, because I was already aware of my connectedness I perceived through both human and spiritual perspectives, however, this took me to decide to live a life of trauma in my mid-teens.   

When I write about being of fewer intentions, or like in my last post saying that ignorance is just as important to our selves (souls) as awareness, many people can’t see this mainly because they have judged ignorance or the lack of intentions as being negative or bad in some way.  Because I have done what I did in my mid-teens, I don’t have such judgment, this I believe is due to being able to perceive both humanly and spiritually.  I’m not being egotistical here, all I did is go with the flow of the path I chose.

Is bettering yourself through becoming more aware than before more positive?  Most people will say yes for the obvious reasons, we are more positive and in a much better state, better than what though?  Better than before, but isn’t this a high level of judgment, isn’t this putting one state of existence over and above another?  The funny thing is I realised I recently don’t do this except when I’m only perceiving through a human perspective which I don’t judge as being one thins or the other in itself.

In a human perspective, improving on one’s life has always been better and positive but this entails a high level of judgment and putting one kind of existence or path above another, we still have our levels of superiority. 

How do we get around this?

I know there are a lot of people who are not going to like what I’m about to say, it all comes down to intentions, try not to have intentions especially active intentions while becoming aware by not seeing that you are improving or bettering yourself, in other words don’t have the intentions of improving yourself in any sense of the word, just let it all flow, go with the flow no matter what your ego wants.  The ego loves intentions because it’s all about intentions, think on this for a moment, in every action and thought the ego has intentions. 

We can however choose to be expressive of passive or active intentions if we need to have intentions, the controlling ego is certainly more about active intentions, this doesn’t mean we should have intentions in trying to be more passive, we should in my mind avoid even passive intentions if possible.

Passive intentions = passive actions and thoughts + judgement + living for needs and desires

Active intentions = forceful actions and thoughts + judgmental + living for desires

No intentions = no intentional actions and thoughts + no judgment + living for only a need

So how do we express no intentions?

When I perceive through my human self, I express intentions, usually passive intentions but at times active intention, this is due to not judging one being less worthy than another, however, when I perceive through my inner self I don’t seem to have intentions. This is mainly due to not judging one life experience or path being less worthy than another.  Lessoning intention has to me everything to do with not judging any part of life any more or less worthy than another; my inner self just doesn’t judge in such ways, it observes instead.

What’s the good of observing if we haven’t got an intention to implement such observation? 

Just by observing through the inner self is enough, just through being the observer one will make changes quite automatically without intentions. Allowing your human self to become the observer through the inner self however is an expression of passive intentions; in this case we have an intention to allow our human self to observe. If we only perceive through the human self and are in judgment, we will need to still express intentions, try being aware of your passive and active intentions while remembering that the ego is all about active intentions.


Humanly it comes down we have to express intentions either we choose to express these intentions in a passive or active way is up to each individual, however, I think it wise to be aware that the ego is about active intentions. My advice is; if you can’t observe through the inner self try being only expressive of passive intentions, this will at least get us away from the controlling factors of the ego.

No comments:

Post a Comment