Wednesday 25 February 2015

Where Does Absolute Truth Exist, Does it Exist?


Written by Mathew Naismith

I thought I would share a couple of responses and my replies to these responses in regards to my recent posts.  


Hi Matt, I love your blogs. We agree on mostly everything, but again, I'm going to disagree on something.

I feel in life we have the mind, body, and spirit. The spirit or God, is eternal, doesn't change, there is no time, space, matter, or energy. There is no past, present, or future. The mind and body (yes, this includes the brain) creates this relative reality, and it is very real, so there is duality in that sense.

When we tap into the spirit or God, through aligning ourselves with the eternal moment (or we can start with being in the present moment), we can access that spirit knowledge, after all, we come from that source.

The ego is not from the spirit at all, (this is what I think you get wrong). The ego is strictly mind and body issues. So when you talk about the brain as being the main processor, you are overlooking God, which is eternal and doesn't need a mind or body- (again, this means the brain as well), to exist.

I think the 64,000 dollar question is how does non-duality or spirit create duality, or the illusion of duality?

I think this question can't be answered because the very thought -(how does it do it?)-creates duality itself which only comes from the mind, which is thoughts and images. Thoughts can only exist in time. Remember, the spirit has no time, it's timeless (again, I will repeat this, it's so important, thoughts can only exist in time.)
So you really can't even ask this question.

The answer is silence, and bathe in the Glory of God!

Just my input. I could be wrong. I'm going on my experience and evidence.

Love you buddy, Sal


G’day Sal C, I had to reread what I wrote to reply back to you.

You are right, the spirit doesn’t have an ego, this is a state of non-duality so there can’t be an ego present.

I was actually referring to the soul as having an ego, however not all souls have an ego either; this is due to the soul not allowing the brain to influence the soul with its ego traits, basically it takes awareness of the soul to avoid this. Some people actually think that the soul doesn’t have an ego either, going by my own experiences within this life, that’s not quite correct either, souls with evil intent are definitely being expressive of ego traits.  I also had numerous experiences with ghosts who still wanted to interact with physical life.

Yes, non-duality can be of the ego as well but not in an actual sense.  As soon as we compare one state to another, we are expressing ego traits; we can only do this while in a state of duality. Saying that non-duality is of absolute truth and duality is an illusion or is of lesser value in anyway, is an expression of egotist traits, this is due to thinking in duality instead of non-duality I feel.

In a non-duality state, the thought of something being a lesser value in anyway just doesn’t occur because it can’t occur because of a non-dualistic state, there is nothing to compare.  

I see that we have inadvertently looked at non-duality in an egoist sense by comparing non-duality to duality; this isn’t saying that the state of non-duality is of the ego, it’s just stating that we are still looking at non-duality through dualistic thinking processes.

“I think the 64,000 dollar question is how does non-duality or spirit create duality, or the illusion of duality?”

Why can’t this question be answered when there is only one state of existence or being? For anyone being expressive of dualistic thinking, yes most definitely this question can’t be answered while thinking in this mode but, what if people could think wholly in non-dualism, this question could certainly be answered even within a dualistic reality.

The question is, can people think wholly in a non-dualistic mode? I think most definitely without question, for example Jesus and Buddha certainly thought more in a non-dualistic mode, they showed us it’s certainly possible.  Why does it seem impossible to us? For starters, thinking in a dualistic mode isn’t going to help us think in a non-dualistic mode; don’t ask questions, it’s that simple, in other words search for answers without asking questions.  

I was once in a state of consciousness all I had to do is ask a question and I would get an immediate answer, I don’t have to do this anymore, it just comes to me as it does to a lot of people who are aware and connected, some call this gut instinct, others call this intuition.

You got me writing again Sal.

Much blessings my friend.  

Also

I like your second paragraph. It is a crazy world. But, who are the crazy ones. Both sides would point at each other. This would indicate a sort of Balance. You're right, it is a bit of a trick, considering that when we work with Absolutes, we create that measurement, thereby we create that Absolute Truth. Can we trust Absolutes, since we create them by our measurement?
Interesting point. Maybe duality is absolute truth.

G'day SpiritRider, yes indeed, can we trust absolute truths when thinking in a dualistic mode? Most definitely not in my mind. We have a dualistic mode of thought that is most often influenced by the ego stating that non-duality is of absolute truth, how correct can this be? 

I think absolute truth is within duality, we just can't see it through the clouds, the clouds of judgment and comparing. How often has a race judged another race as being inferior or less worthy? I see that we are doing the same with duality and non-duality, we need to get away from judgement all together but only if we want a better existence that is.


Maybe at the soul level we don’t!!! 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment