Friday 11 December 2015

Are Spiritually Aware People Delusional??


Written by Mathew Naismith

Are we delusional when we look beyond our own human perceptions and become aware of realities that are of pure love and are totally giving in every way? Many people think so but I think we know better.

If you went back in time a hundred years ago and told them what is going to exist in a hundred years time, they would call you delusional. If you went back a thousand odd years ago and told them the same thing, you would probably be burnt at the stake.

Spiritual awareness to me is being able to perceive beyond normal human perceptions, this includes being able to feel and know about other realities that are quite different to ours. Instead of just being able to perceive future events, we perceive perceptions that are not of our reality but of other realities, the question is now, how can this help us within this reality?            

 I received the following interesting response from my last post which touches on this question.


Interesting what you wrote. Reminds me of a Jeannie in a bottle. Life is perfect in a bottle or plastic bubble, but far from our daily reality. It's hard to maintain peace in the world when we live in a bottle or a bubble because all seems perfect when it's not.


My Reply
I have a different perspective on this, the bottle is represented by a reality in chaos which keeps us ignorant to other realities outside of the bottle. The bottle encases us in our own ignorance making us quite unaware of any other perception beyond the existence of the bottle. It's like not being able to look outside the square or box because it has boundaries, as is of the box, outside of the bottle, there are no boundaries.

Maintaining peace in such a reality takes one to look outside the bottle, once we do this, the bottle no longer exists and neither does the chaotic reality within the bottle.

The realities I explained about, perfection isn't measured, it just is, even chaotic realities aren't measured, they just are what they are. 
Reply
 I understand.

My reply
It's not easy for me to get my head a round this at times either, it's quite daunting but worth becoming aware of. 

You actually posed an interesting perspective Fran, how can perceiving beyond human perceptions help us? I think it helps change our mentality which will hopefully create a more constructive reality, we can only try. 


I think a lot of spiritually aware people are aware and knowing of other realities, what we feel at times is true, it's just a knowing we have. As I stated in my last post, some of these realities we are aware of  are just purely based on knowing, there is nothing else but a knowing within  these realities. Spiritually aware people are the same, it's just a knowing we have which is right in line with these other more constructive aware realities we become aware of.  My advice is to not just look at these feelings as delusional, they are very true in my mind.

For me it's quite the opposite, it's more delusional to measure everything and label them in accordance with the slot we put them into. Of course, other people label these same things something different and put them in a totally different slot to ourselves, within this, we create conflict through a black and white, wrong and right perception. To me, existing by a black and white perception creates a lot more delusions for us.


In my mind, spiritually aware people become aware of what is outside the bottle or box, within this, there is no boundaries and if you have no boundaries, you have no delusions. It's these endless boundaries that create the real delusions, not the ability to be able to perceive beyond normal human perceptions!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment