Thursday 4 August 2016

A Better Way of Living


Written by Mathew Naismith

- I was left with a fully dislocated elbow since I was six years old, I am now 51, whoops 52, years old and I don't take pain killers. I have also, through my life, taken on jobs that able people thought too hard to do.

- My mother recently passed away under dubious circumstances, this hit me quite hard, no one deserves to be abused in my mind, even the abusers. This didn't hit me as hard as it could have because I feel and know that my mother is living more of a life than ever.

The point is, because of my beliefs and faiths, life wasn't as hard as it could have been.

Think on this, if I labelled and measured every point and circumstance in my life, could I have accomplished the outlook I have today? Absolutely not as each label and measurement of our lives only creates and further adds to misery, in actuality, what misery. If I was to measure what level of misery I went through, would I still have the outlook I have today? The answer to this question is obvious.

In all, it's wise to desist in using labels, scales and levels as much as possible, in my mind anyway.        


End of post...

No comments:

Post a Comment